Blogit is a blogging platform built with the help of Django. I built this application as a project for Information and Technology Workshop in my second semester.
- Users can login through their email or facebook.
- A fully functional Markdown editor for blogs.
- Each blog has a separate chat room where all the readers can chat in realtime.
- Django is used as the main framework for this application. Django Social Auth is used to implement login with facebook functionality. Django Markup is used to parse the markdown content.
- Sendgrid is used to send emails on the behalf of this application to verify the emails.
- Lepture Markdown is used to implement the markdown editor.
- Django Channels along with Redis is used to create a server to handle web-sockets and store messages.